Launch the earsketch curriculum through the link below and read all of Chp 7 on copyright:
Take the following short copyright quiz below, when done, click on the “Check” button to check your answers. Finally, in your Chrome browser choose “File” from your menu and “print” out your results and choose “Save as PDF”. Submit your PDF document to the server in a folder with your name on it.
Copy and paste the following multiple choice Q’s into an MS Word or Google Docs document and highlight (make bold or italicize) your answer. When done, submit your file to the server. Answers can be found by going through earsketch’s curriculum for Unit 1 (Chapters 1-8).
1. Which of the following is not true regarding APIs?
A. They allow you to simplify complex coding tasks.
B. They allow you to use Ableton Live within EarSketch.
C. They often come as a collection, or library.
D. They let different software components talk to one another.
2. fitMedia() is an example of what?
3. Which of the following is NOT used to describe rhythm?
4. What type of data type is HIPHOP_SNARE_001?
5. Which of the following lines show the correct way to assign the value 7 to the variable track?
A. track == 7
B. “track” = 7
C. 7 = track
D. track = 7
6. Which combination of pitch and tempo could be used to produce a happy, exciting song?
A. Lower pitch, faster tempo
B. Higher pitch, slower tempo
C. Higher pitch, faster tempo
D. Lower pitch, slower tempo
7. Which of the following is not a common type of error found in code?
A. Grammatical Errors
B. Logic Errors
C. Syntax Errors
D. Runtime Errors
8. Which of the following is an example of a Syntax Error?
A. The program does not run at all.
B. The program runs at first, but eventually crashes.
C. The program runs, but prints a warning to the console.
D. The program runs, but doesn’t do what you expect.
9. What does an effect allow you to do in EarSketch?
A. Change the qualities of sound within a project
B. Add a sound to a track
C. Change the tempo of a song
D. Create a drum beat
10. Which of these is NOT a setEffect() argument?
A. Effect Name
B. Clip Name
C. Track Number
D. Effect Value
11. How would you set the delay time of a delay effect on track 3 to 50 milliseconds?
A. setEffect(3, DELAY, DELAY_TIME, 50.0)
B. setEffect(50, DELAY_FEEDBACK, 1)
C. fitMedia(DELAY, 3, DELAY_TIME, 50.0)
D. setEffect(DELAY, 3, DELAY_TIME, 50.0)
12. Which of the following is not a parameter used with setEffect() envelopes?
A. Start Value
B. Track Number
C. Clip Length
13. What would the following setEffect() function do?
setEffect(1, DISTORTION, DISTO_GAIN, 0, 1, 50, 10)
A. Decrease the volume on track 1 over 50 measures.
B. Decrease the amount of distortion on track 1 over 50 measures.
C. Increase the amount of distortion on track 1 over 10 measures.
D. Increase the volume of track 1 over 10 measures.
14. What does setTempo() allow you to do in EarSketch?
A. Specify the tempo of a song
B. Change the qualities of sound within a project
C. Add a sound to a track
D. Create a drum beat
15. ____ is a quality of sound that determines how high or low it sounds.
16. Which of these is NOT an example of a transition?
B. Track Dropouts
C. Crash Cymbal
D. Melody Consistency
17. Which of the following would be considered an example of Fair Use?
A. Using an image of a famous painting as your album cover.
B. Creating a parody version of a popular song focused on a social issue.
C. Using a recording of the first three notes of a popular song as an intro to a new song.
D. Performing a cover of a popular song on your guitar and sharing it on social media.
18. Which of the following would be considered sampling?
A. Playing another person’s recorded music in iTunes.
B. Using another person’s recorded music as a soundtrack in a YouTube video.
C. Performing a cover of someone else’s song on your guitar.
D. Using a part of another person’s recorded music in a new work.
When done, you may have some free time at the end of class.