Well we have finally made it to the final assignment. I am really looking forward to what you will create.
- must have an intro screen, that then goes to an instruction screen, that then goes to the main game (see the instructions program we created a few classes ago).
- Intro screen requirements:
- Must have a title (in text or graphic) for your game
- Must have graphics, bitmap or computer drawn
- Must include a way to move to next screen, and instructions to do so, eg. (hit enter to continue, click here to play)
- Must display the current high score and the user
- Must play a short background music when loading (5-10 secs)
- Instructions screen requirements:
- Must take in a username
- Must explain the controls of the game, and how to gain points
- Must include a way to move to the game screen, and instructions to do so, eg. (hit enter to continue, click here to play)
- Game requirements:
- must have a bitmap image sprite
- must have a computer drawn sprite
- must have sound effects in the main game
- must have more than 1 level
- when the game ends, display a game over message somewhere on the screen, then pause 2 secs before ending.
Ideas for games could be:
- tic tac toe
- typing game
- space invaders
- maze runner
- road trip car game
If you are struggling to come up with a game, then modify the bullets code to make a space invaders type of game. You must have the following:
- change the player to a bitmap sprite spaceship, make sure your image is small enough
- create different kinds of enemies, some bitmap sprites, some ellipses, change sizes and colors of blocks
- have the enemies move down the screen, then respawn at the top when they reach the bottom.
- track if the enemy collides with the spaceship, then the game ends
- create a new level where the enemies move quicker, and make more of them
I won’t require you to include psuedocode for this assignment, but you will need to include detailed comments in your program. A general guideline is that you provide 1 comment for every 3 lines of code in your program. Your comments should explain what the lines below are doing so that if someone else wanted to modify/add to to your program, they could understand what you are doing.
Your final assignment is due Wed Jun 14. Which is 10 classes to work on this assignment.